Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Little of Tatum

This little boy of mine is sure going faster than me. I can't keep up with him while I am trying to take care of the other two munchkins. I am finding myself thinking that this little boy is too bored and tries to entertain himself all by himself.

We are currently working on colors. Some moments he identifies them correctly and other moments he doesn't. You know when a child is bored when he intentionally fools you. He will stick to a color for a time (it has been green and now it is red), so he says, "Red. (points) Red. (points) [and then on]". He does it correctly 100 % until he loses interest or sees that I have stop paying attention (so he thinks) and then points to a non-red item and says red. I stop him and tell him, "No not red, its . . ." "Red," he says again and plays dumb. Arrrgh, this is what I mean. So, I am searching for quick and simple activities to reinforce the color learning. One idea is to place different colored circles on my floor and play Twister. So if you stop by, you know what those colored circles are doing on my floor.

Another sign, is the agency he has. Right? I actually hear "no" from him. I guess I have counted my blessings for this long. I also hear "yes sir." That is a funny one, because yep, we are starting to hear the things we say to him or to one another come out of his mouth. Not only that, he ease(?) drops on our conversations now. So yes, the little agency is coming into play. I hope that I lead him in the right direction. I'll be praying for help.

1 comment:

  1. So fun to read all the updates on your three little sweeties. It's amazing to me how fast children grow and go through all their many stages. I can't wait to meet all your boys!

    ReplyDelete